I haven't had much experience with database normalization. I have started what i believed to be a simple project. To track horse races and update per race and horse a comments database.
I figured I would be able to use reports to later blog with for people interested in Australian horse racing. Here is a thread I started on Access World Forums. if you have any comments or suggestions on my normalization please comment. Here is the thread.
This is where my database is at. I am planning to use MySQL as the backend to my Access database so I can later query it as part of a larger program with Ruby and Sequel.